Private Swimming Pool
If you are building a swimming pool or hot tub, you will require a building permit.
You will need to submit the following information with your building permit application:
- Cross-section of the fence enclosing the pool
- List of all safety equipment, which must include a ring buoy with rope; 3 m life pole; emergency lighting; and life line near shallow end of pool
- 2 copies of each of the following documents
- site plan, drawn to scale in metric terminology, will indicate the size of the lot; all property lines; size and location of all buildings; size, location and volume of the pool; any easements; location of the heater and filter, and where the backwash water will drain. All construction details must be submitted complete with appropriate professional seals for concrete pools.
- pool specifications listing the type of pool being installed; heater maker and size; pump make and capacity; filter type and size; chlorination system details; number, size and flow rate of all skimmers, outlets, main drain and inlets; location of all plumbing lines (including connections and valves); and the location of depth markings, ladders, diving boards, and lifeline.
- Permit fee
Note: You may also need to obtain electrical and gas permits for your pool in addition to the ones listed above. Contact SaskPower if you require a permit or inspection for electrical work or gas work.