History of Civic Art Collection
In 1983, the Regina Arts Commission, a sub-committee of the Parks and Recreation Board, assisted the City in developing an art collection policy and began to build a collection.
In 1985 the Administration began an inventory of the artwork that had been stored throughout the city. Some of the oldest pieces were portraits of Regina’s earliest mayors and scenes of Regina at the turn of the 20th century.
Today, the Civic Art Collection holds over 300 pieces of fine art and can be seen at City Hall and all of the city owned and operated facilities in Regina.
Street Scene, 1913
Mayor W.E Mason, 1926
Oil on Canvas
For more information regarding the Civic Art Collection, please call 306-777-7603.