Water and Sewer Utility Budget
The Proposed Water & Sewer Utility Budget for 2012 is $126.4 M. Of this, $65.8 M is for water system investments, while $60.6 M is needed to keep the system operating.
Water investments include:
- Buffalo Pound Water Treatment Plant Upgrades - $11.6 M
- Improvements for water pressure and fire flows in north Regina - $4 M
- Water Infrastructure Renewal - $4.9 M
Wastewater investments include:
· Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrades - $19.6 M
· Infrastructure renewal - $8.5 M
· McCarthy Boulevard Pumping Station Upgrade - $1.6 M
· Construction and installation of wastewater trunk mains - $2 M
Drainage investments include:
· Drainage Infrastructure Renewal - $ 2.1 M
· Detention ponds – $1.9 M
· Dykes, Drainage Channels and Lake Improvements - $0.7 M
The budget also includes $60.6 M to look after all water, wastewater and drainage operations for 2012. This includes everything it takes to ensure:
· clean water comes to your home,
· wastewater is taken away from your home and treated responsibly,
· and rain and snow drain away from your property.
View the complete 2012 Water & Sewer budget.
Budget Rate & Brief
The Water & Sewer Utility has three primary functions:
- Providing water for residential, institutional, commercial and industrial customers...
- Collecting and treating wasterwater...
- Controlling water runoff...
View the complete Budget Rate & Brief.