Permits are an affordable way of making sure the work is done properly. They’re great for the resale value of a home and help ensure you are passing on a good house to future homeowners.
Find out more about which projects require a building permit, and which do not.
Building permits are required for:
Building permits are not required for:
What Requires a Development Permit?
Learn what types of projects require a development permit.
Development permits are required for:
View submission requirements for Development Permit Types.
Apply for a Building Permit
Find your project in the list below and read more to find information on applications, fees and conditions.
New Home Construction & Addition Permit
Did you know property owners can request historical permit documents? To request, provide the address of the property and scope of request (plans, inspection notes, etc.) If applicable, you may also provide any known permit number(s) or dates to narrow down the search. Detailed information helps us find what you’re looking for.
- Representatives who work for a company that own the land can also request historic documentation.
- If you are not listed on the land title, an authorization letter that is signed and dated by the registered owner may grant a non-owner access to information.
- Price estimates will be provided prior to payment, generally around $45 to $80. The service cost varies based on plan size, number of documents and what format the City has the documents stored in.
- Depending on the location of the information, retrieving plans typically takes 2-10 business days. *Note: some large, paper files may be delayed in 2022 due to City Hall building maintenance. Any delays will be quoted upon receipt of request.
- Due to Saskatchewan legislation, the City cannot provide registered survey documentation. Please Contact a registered land survey company.
Sign Up for Email Notifications
We’ll send you updates on:
- Building permits and inspections
- Residential and commercial requirements
- Regulatory advisories and announcements
- Municipal legislation changes
- Workshops and information sessions
- Related surveys and other feedback opportunities
Be sure you sign up and CONFIRM. Look in your junk or spam folder. Our confirmation email may be hiding there.