The submission package below is for spray foam applications where there is no additional scope. When spray foam is part of a residential project with more scope, please see the Addition, Single-family & Semi-Detached Dwelling or Renovation/Alteration pages.
Each spray foam product must have been previously reviewed and approved by the City of Regina to ensure compliance with building codes.
All spray foam products that are meant to act as the air vapour barrier will require an approval letter from the City of Regina prior to their use. You can submit for a product review by submitting the product information (material data sheet), third party testing data confirming the vapour permeance (i.e. CCMC or ULC reports), sealed building envelope design drawings from the product manufacturer and certified installer information. This process is separate from the building permit and requires a minimum of three weeks to review.
- Complete the Spray Foam Permit Application Package and ensure your application contains all required information and documents. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. The project package may be updated at any time, be sure to check back to this web page for the most current version.
- A completed Residential Permit Fee Calculation Form is required as part of the application.
- The application must be signed by the legal owner of the property as well as the applicant.
- If applicable, contact Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK) for inspections and permits for gas or electrical work.
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com. The City will review your application to ensure it meets all building, heritage, zoning, landscaping, engineering, environmental, disposal, assessment, open space and utility regulations and/or bylaws.
Once your permit is approved, you will be contacted to make credit card payment over the phone. Once your permit is paid, your permit will be emailed to the applicant/owner/contractor for a signature. A signed copy must be scanned and sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to construction.
We aim to process spray foam permits within 10 business days.
Construction cannot begin until the permit is issued. If work starts prior to issuing of a building permit, you will be subject to a surcharge.