Councillor John Findura is currently serving a fourth term as a member of Regina City Council, representing the residents of Ward 5.
After immigrating to Canada from Poland in 1976, John graduated from Miller Comprehensive High School, then joined the Canadian Naval Reserve. He obtained his Refrigeration Plant Operator certificate. He is currently the Manager of Inside Services for Dilawri Group of Companies.
John and his wife Shelley have three children, Stephanie, Julie and Scott, and a granddaughter, Kalie. They have lived in Ward 5 since 1995.
John is an active volunteer with a number of community organizations, including Dewdney East Community Association and Glen Elm Public Library, and he sits on the organizing committee for the annual Community Connection event. He is active with Regina Multicultural Council, Mosaic Festival of Cultures, St. Anthony’s Parish and the Polish Canadian Cultural Club.
Civic boards, Committees & Commissions:
- Executive Committee
- Community Wellness Committee
- Moose Jaw Industrial Corridor Committee (Alternate)
- Regina Planning Commission
- Regina Public Library Board
- Sherwood-Regina Regional Development Committee
- Municipalities Association of Saskatchewan (Alternate)
- White Butte Regional Planning Committee (Alternate)