New City Program Matches Funds for Residential Home Retrofits Apply from June 20 to 30
The City of Regina is putting the Energy & Sustainability Framework into action by supporting Regina residents in their efforts to reduce energy use and monthly bills at home.
The Residential Retrofit Rebate Program, approved by Council on June 1, offers matching funds of up to $5,000 for eligible home retrofit work under the federal government’s Canada Greener Homes Grant. Together, these programs enable residents to make home improvements that will save energy, make their homes more comfortable and be eligible for a combined rebate of up to $10,000.
Rebate Program highlights:
- To be eligible for the program, Regina homeowners must first apply to the Canada Greener Homes Grant Program and have an applicant ID.
- To maintain eligibility and receive their City of Regina rebate, participants must follow the process of the Canada Greener Homes Grant and first successfully receive funding from the federal program.
- Funding for the City program is limited. A maximum of 80 applicants will be selected by draw to participate in the Residential Retrofit Rebate Program.
- Applications will be accepted from June 20 through June 30, 2022.
- Successful participants will be notified after July 7, 2022.
Improving energy efficiency in our homes helps save money, increase home value and is necessary for our city to become a renewable, net-zero city by 2050. Residential homes currently make up 16 percent of Regina’s GHG emissions and roughly 15 percent of Regina’s energy consumption.
For more information and to apply online visit regina.ca/rebate, or apply in-person at City Hall.