Water Valve Inspections
Beginning Wednesday, January 19, crews will begin inspecting the condition of 11 large diameter water valves. Water valves are critical components of our water distribution system. They are used to control the flow of water in pipes.
To complete this work, crews will inspect the valves through the existing openings on streets over a 10-day period, weather permitting.
Drivers may want to consider using alternate routes as traffic will be impacted as follows:
- Wednesday, January 19 – southbound traffic will be restricted to one lane at the intersection of Broad Street and 8th Avenue North for one day.
- Thursday, January 20 – northbound traffic will be restricted to one lane at the intersection of Broad Street and 8th Avenue North between 1:30 and 6 p.m.
- Friday, January 21 – northbound traffic will be restricted to one lane at the intersection of Broad Street and 9th Avenue North for one day.
- Saturday, January 22 – Broad Street will be closed to northbound traffic between Saskatchewan Drive and Dewdney Avenue for one day.
- Sunday, January 23 – work will take place between 12 and 4 p.m. at the intersection of Albert Street and Dewdney Avenue. Northbound traffic on Albert Street will be restricted to one lane between 9th Avenue and Dewdney Avenue. As well, eastbound traffic on Dewdney Avenue will be restricted to one lane between Albert Street and McIntyre Street.
- Monday, January 24 – northbound traffic on Broad Street will be restricted to one lane between Dewdney Avenue and 8th Avenue for one day.
The City of Regina thanks residents for their understanding and patience. Slow down, plan ahead and be safe. Workers and their families are relying on you.
Visit the Road Report for other traffic restrictions.