Traffic Advisory – Road Restriction Arcola Avenue – Priority bus lane installation
Starting the week of September 11, crews will begin construction on a priority bus lane at the intersection of Arcola Avenue and Ring Road northbound on ramp. This work will include removing part of the side median to make an additional lane. Northwest-bound traffic on Arcola Avenue will be restricted and drivers may experience delays.
This lane is being added to allow buses to carry transit riders more quickly into the downtown during peak traffic hours. It will also enable possible additions to services in the future along Arcola Avenue.
Once installed and operating, this new priority bus lane will work in the following manner:
- The current right hand land on Arcola Avenue between University Park Drive and Ring Road exit will be used by both transit buses travelling straight and vehicles turning onto the Ring Road northbound.
- Buses will remain in the newly-created lane after the Ring Road exit.
- This new lane will allow two buses to stop at the light in the new right hand lanes.
- Buses will be given a green light first so they can proceed over the bridge. They will move into the most right lane.
- Vehicle traffic will then get a green light to proceed across the bridge.
Construction is expected to be completed in three weeks followed by finalizing the traffic light upgrades, pending weather or unforeseen circumstances. Please watch for signage.
The City of Regina thanks residents for their understanding and patience during the construction season. For everyone’s safety, drivers are reminded to slow down in construction zones. Workers and their families are relying on you.
For other traffic restrictions, visit the Daily Road Report.