Winter update - November 12 morning
City of Regina provides the following information as an update on the status of winter maintenance activities as of 8 a.m.:
- Last night at 7 p.m., City crews began a systematic plow of category 1, 2, 3, and 4 roads:
- Category 1 roads will be plowed within 24 hours. Example: Albert Street, Victoria Avenue.
- Category 2 roads will be plowed within 36 hours. Example: Elphinstone Street, Broadway Avenue.
- Category 3 roads will be plowed within 48 hours. Example: Regina Transit routes.
- Category 4 roads will be plowed within 60 hours. Example: School areas.
- The majority of category 1 roads have been cleared, and City crews will move to category 2 streets later this morning.
- City crews are working downtown, and in other high pedestrian traffic areas, to clear sidewalks.
- Sanding vehicles are following snow clearing teams and addressing icy conditions throughout the city.
- Loader units are performing a systematic clearing of alleyways.
- Downtown snow removal will begin at 7 p.m. tonight. At that time motorists are asked to avoid the downtown area if at all possible.
- City crews are working 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clear the roads.
Advice to the public
- Drive with caution and allow extra time to get to your destination.
- Give crews lots of space and please be patient while they work to clear the roads.
- Keep sidewalks safe by shovelling snow and ice.
For more information, please visit Regina.ca/SnowFighters.