Build on Your Property
Building permits ARE required for:
- new building or structures on your property like a house, mobile home, garage, deck or other accessory building
- recreation rooms, secondary suites or fireplaces in your home
- parking lots
- the demolition, repair, alteration or addition to an existing building or structure, including damp proofing and foundation repairs (read subsection 2.5 of the Building Bylaw for foundation repair information)
- the move of an existing building or structure (read about overdimensional moves under Roads & Traffic)
- installation or replacement of any fire alarm system
Building permits are NOT required for:
- painting or decorating
- play structures
- accessory buildings that are less than 10 square metres in area, provided the building does not create a hazard. However, this accessory building must conform to zoning regulations.
Contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000 for more information.