Municipal Wards Commission Bylaw, 2010
Bylaw related to wards commission
The Municipal Wards Commission Bylaw No. 2010-29 was established to provide a framework for the appointment of members to the Municipal Wards Commission (Commission) when a review of the ward boundaries is required.
- The Commission shall consist of three members appointed by resolution of Council:
- A Justice designated by the Chief Justice of the Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan who shall act as the Commission Chairperson
- The City Clerk
- A representative of the University of Regina designated by the President of the University of Regina
- The Commission shall conduct a review of the city’s ward boundaries in accordance with The Cities Act.
- The Office of the City Clerk shall act as secretary for the Commission and provide administrative support.
- The Commission members shall be reimbursed for any reasonable travel or other expenses incurred in relation to duties associated with the Commission.
- The Commission shall submit a report to City Council identifying necessary changes to the current city ward boundaries.
This page is an overview of these regulations. Refer to the bylaw for detailed information. The Office of the City Clerk keeps the latest version of each bylaw on file and will provide a copy upon request.