Bylaw No 2016-2 The Regina Community Standards Bylaw
The Regina Community Standards Bylaw promotes vibrant, attractive communities by addressing property nuisances that may impact the safety, health or welfare of neighbourhood residents. This Bylaw replaces the Regina Property Maintenance Bylaw.
How can I ensure my property meets the minimum property maintenance standards?
The following information will help ensure that your property meets the City’s minimum maintenance standards:
- Ensure every part of your home, inside and outside, is maintained so the house is watertight, secured from unlawful entry and free of rodents and insects at all times.
- Make sure eaves troughs, gutters and downspouts are in good repair and carry drainage at least 1 metre away from the foundation of your house.
- Replace or repair any rotting or damaged materials on buildings, decks and fences to avoid further deterioration.
- Remove graffiti from your property as quickly as possible. A quick response has been shown to prevent it from reoccurring.
- Keep grass trimmed to a height less than 15 cm (6”).
- Keep your yard neat and tidy, free of garbage or other items that might cause a health or safety danger.
- If you are storing materials outside, such as firewood or building supplies, stack the materials in neat piles elevated off the ground so it does not attract rodents or insects.
- Store any vehicle that is derelict or inoperable inside a garage or in a carport with a properly-fitting vehicle cover.
- Make sure all your outdoor lights are kept within the boundaries of your yard and do not shine directly into neighbouring properties.