Attend PlayEscapes in 2014
What is PlayEscapes? PlayEscapes is a FREE summer drop-in program offered by the City of Regina. The program offers leader-facilitated play opportunities that develop and foster life skills, creativity, imagination, positive self-image and promote a physically active lifestyle. Self-directed play is the key to the PlayEscapes program. Children engage in play they select by themselves, and are encouraged to explore and discover activities they enjoy most. Through leader-facilitated self-directed play, children become more active and creative in the play environment while gaining a sense of freedom and choice.
The City of Regina partners with Regina Education and Action on Child Hunger (REACH) to offer a lunch program at some of the sites. Please call 306-777-7032 to find out which site is closest to you.
Who can attend? PlayEscapes is for all children entering Kindergarten (must be 5 years old by December 31, 2014) through Grade 7. PlayEscapes welcomes children and youth of all abilities. Participants who may need assistance during the program are asked to bring an attendant.
When will it take place? The program will run Monday to Friday, July 7 to August 15. There will be no program on Tuesday, August 5.
What time will the program run? Program hours are 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note: Some locations will operate in the mornings or afternoons only. There is no supervision over the lunch hour! All children are required to be picked up at that time.
For more information about PlayEscapes, call 306-777-7032.
Program Times and Locations
Full-time program: 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
- Albert Scott Community Centre – 1264 Athol Street
- Argyle Park Community Centre – 35 Davin Crescent
- Core Ritchie Neighbourhood Centre – 445 14th Avenue
- Eastview Community Centre - 615 6th Avenue
- Glencairn Neighbourhood Recreation Centre – 2626 Dewdney Avenue East
- Imperial Community School – 200 Broad Street
- Rosemont Community School – 841 Horace Street
- South Leisure Centre – 170 Sunset Drive
- W.F. Ready School – 2710 Helmsing Street
- W.H. Ford School - 480 Rink Avenue
Please note Ruth M. Buck School is not available this year due to school renovations.
Morning program: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Mon. – Fri.
- Ruth Pawson School - 40 Weekes Crescent
Afternoon Program: 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Mon. – Fri.
- Coronation Park Community School – 3105 4th Avenue North
Please note that these sites are subject to change due to program space and other circumstances. Call 306-777-7032 to confirm.
Participant Information Form
Please complete a Participant Information and Photo Release on the first day your child(ren) attends the program.