Reports and Links
- On July 28, 2014 City Council received a report on the award of the request for proposals for the wastewater treatment plant.
- On February 13, 2013 Executive Committee considered the following report that recommends a P3 for the sewage treatment plant. City Council approved the report on February 25, 2013.
- On June 11, 2012, City Council approved a report on project delivery for the sewage treatment plant.
- On December 17, 2012, City Council received a sewage treatment plant project update.
Summary of assessment
- Appendix A - Summary of delivery model assessment
- Appendix B - Procurement options pros and cons
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion & Upgrade Project - Deloitte report
Portions of this report have been removed pursuant to Sections 16, 17 and 18 of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The City's P3 policy
For more information on the City’s public private partnership policy, please see the Regina Administration Bylaw Schedule D. The public private partnership section begins on page D 19.
Federal and Provincial regulations
The federal government determines sewage treatment regulations. The provincial government is responsible for issuing the City’s operating permit. The following files provide background information about the new regulations for sewage treatment:
- Environment Canada - Wastewater Systems Effluent Regulations
- Saskatchewan Ministry of the Environment letter and permit. Section 3.13 shows the requirement for the City to meet the new regulations by December 31, 2016.
- Appendix A-D show the current permit requirements including effluent targets and monitoring frequencies. Appendix D shows the new effluent targets effective December 31, 2016.