Snow Storage Site Use Instructions, Regulations and Map
The Snow Storage Site entrance is through the north access gate on Fleet Street. Vehicles move through a corridor where electronic equipment reads the vehicle’s RFID tag. A camera and license plate reader monitors the trucks entering the site. Vehicles without valid RFID tags will be redirected to the exit gate.
There are signs to guide drivers through the site to the dump location and back to the exit.
City of Regina staff are onsite to help ensure smooth, safe and unrestricted traffic on the site.
The maximum speed limit is 15 km/hour. Operators should reduce speed to 10 km/hour or less when passing through the RFID antenna. Watch for speed signs.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Site Safety
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn which includes hard hat, high-visibility vest/jacket and CSA approved safety boots.
- Operators must use caution when operating their vehicles at the site. High traffic and uneven surfaces, slippery conditions, reduced visibility, snow and ice accumulation, etc., can increase hazards.
- Vehicles should reverse using low speeds. Operators should steer clear of City equipment including the crew trailer, RFID system, cameras, traffic signals, gates, lighting, etc.
- Operators must follow all traffic signs.
- In the event of an emergency, park your vehicle safely and immediately gather near the muster point sign located next to the south exit road on Fleet Street.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Tag Installation Instructions
- Install RFID Tag on the upper right corner (passenger side) of the truck windshield, approximately 4 to 5 inches away from the metal or sun-film. Firmly stick the self-adhesive tag inside the cab on the windshield, facing outward.
- Make sure the tag is not damaged while installing.
- Use the right coloured tag for your truck type.
- Additional RFID tags should not be exposed to the RFID reader to avoid interference.