City Manager's Mandate & Goal
The City Manager is committed to building an organization that is:
Mandate To build an organization to fulfill City Council's Vision.
In particular to support building a municipal corporation that helps to improve the City’s image and confidence.
The Goal To be recognized as the best municipal organization in Canada by the end of 2012.
That means achieving success through engaged people and improved performance across the organization.
To achieve this goal, the City Manager has been focussing on:
- implementing a Corporate Strategic Plan to assist City Council achieve its priorities
- implementing a new organizational structure
- building an understanding of the health and well-being of employees through a regular employee engagement survey
- developing a comprehensive Customer Service Strategy
- developing a Performance Management System
Creating positive change, building strong teams and partnerships, empowering employees and creating collaborative relationships with citizens and partner organizations will build a better city.