Review eligibility criteria
To be eligible for a Henry Baker Scholarship:
- You must be enrolled with the University of Regina ; Campion College, Luther College, First Nations University of Canada, Regina Campus ; or SIAST, Wascana Campus .
- Students applying for an entrance scholarship must have graduated from a Regina high school.
- Previous recipients of a Henry Baker Scholarship are not eligible.
- SIAST applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 70%.
- University of Regina and First Nations University of Canada applicants:
- Current undergraduate applicants must have a UGPA of 80%
- Current postgraduate applicants must have a CGPA of 80% in their graduate studies. (in some circumstances, a portion of the undergraduate marks will be used)
- Postgraduate students at the doctoral or master level must be completing a thesis relating to a community issue.
- Transcripts must be submitted with your application.
- High school transcripts can be obtained from Office of the Registrar , or your high school.
- You may provide unofficial or original transcripts from these universities and college.
- First Nations University of Canada, Regina Campus students must be of aboriginal descent.
- If you are of aboriginal descent, you are entitled to submit an application for any scholarships in which you qualify.
- If you are unable to register in the minimum credit hours stated in the scholarship's terms of reference due to disability, you may be eligible for consideration if your maximum course load is specified and documented by a professional qualified to assess your disability.
- Employees of the City of Regina and members of Regina City Council are NOT eligible for scholarships; however, their immediate family may apply.
The City of Regina reserves the right to reallocate funding to another category if no eligible candidate is identified in any given category.
If no eligible candidate is identified in a First Nations University of Canada category, preference will be given to applicants in another category who have self-delcared to be an Aboriginal individual.
The City of Regina Henry Baker Scholarship Program is subject to change without notice.
The Committee reserves the right to conduct a personal interview and request a copy of year-end marks from Grade 12 graduates.
Scholarship winners' names and photos will be used in print and media.