Cathy Lauritsen Memorial Off-Leash Dog Park
Currently there is one Off Leash Dog park in the City of Regina. The Cathy Lauritsen Memorial Off-Leash Dog Park is located by the multi-use pathway system along Wascana Creek, west of Lewvan Drive, south of 13th Avenue. The Park opened in July 2005 with the work of an advisory committee in partnership with the City of Regina. The Park was named after a former Executive Director of the Regina Humane Society.
The implementation process for the current park took a number of years and many community meetings to receive community support to move forward. As part of the site selection process, a number of sites were identified, through public consultation the current site was deemed as the best suited area for the of leash dog park.
The park was designed to maintain the existing natural setting with consideration for wildlife and vegetation, to address concerns that came up during public consultations. All fencing and site furnishings were paid for through fundraising efforts of the original committee or through the memorial bench program. We look to users to help maintain and look after the space by picking up after themselves and their pets.
Off Leash Dog Park Rules as posted and stated at the Park
Please be a good neighbour to the residents and wildlife of this area
Dogs must walk to and from the park on a leash
- Please avoid parking in front of local residences; parking is available at Rambler Park Baseball Park
- Please discourage your dog from swimming in the creek or chasing wildlife
- Please discourage excessive barking
Please keep this park a safe place!
- This park is for the enjoyment of dogs and their owner – other pets are not allowed.
- Use this park at your own risk, and you are responsible for injuries or damage caused by your dog.
- Please ensure you have voice control of your dog and supervise your dog to prevent disruptive behaviour.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behaviour must be removed from the park IMMEDIATELY.
- Ensure your dogs vaccinations are current.
- Wait to enjoy the park until your dog is older than 4 months.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult.
KEEP OUR PARK CLEAN!
Pick up after your dog!
Dispose of all litter.
All City of Regina bylaws apply to this park and will be enforced.
Please click on the link to see frequently asked questions and answers for Regina’s Off Leash Dog Park.
The Cathy Lauritsen Memorial Off-Leash Dog Park is located by the multi-use pathway system along Wascana Creek, west of Lewvan Drive, south of 13th Avenue.
The benefits of dog-friendly parks are numerous:
- Dog-friendly parks allow dogs to exercise, play and socialize.
- Dog-friendly parks provide opportunities for dog-owners to learn more about responsible pet ownership. Bulletin boards within the park provide opportunities for owners to become more educated on pet-related issues.
- Community members often take pride in the neighbourhood park by getting more involved in the maintenance and safety of the park.
- Dog-friendly parks provide opportunities for neighbours to meet and socialize.
For the enjoyment of all, please clean up after your dog after it has defecated, as required by Animal Bylaw No. 2009-44.