Appeal Your Assessment
You may submit an appeal to the Board of Revision if, after speaking to an Assessor, you feel there is an error involving property valuation, property classification, exemption, preparation or content of the Assessment Roll or preparation or content of your Notice of Assessment.
You cannot appeal your taxes or the services you receive.
You do not have to appeal if:
- your school support is incorrect (contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000)
- your property's address or property owners listed on the Assessment Roll or Notice of Assessment are incorrect. To correct contact Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan (ISC)
Steps to file an appeal
Contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000. Staff will explain your assessment to you and describe how the Assessment & Property Taxation Department arrived at the value listed.
If you still feel there is an error, you can submit an appeal to the Board of Revision during the 30 days the Assessment Roll is open for appeals. Your appeal must include:
1. Notice of Appeal
Your completed Notice of Appeal form is enclosed with your Notice of Assessment.
Copies of the Assessment Appeal Form are also available online. Your Notice of Appeal must include:
- whether you are requesting to use the simplified or regular appeal process
- the property under appeal (property address, account number and assessed parcel)
- a description of what you are appealing:
- property valuation
- property classification
- preparation or content of the Assessment Roll
- preparation or content of your Notice of Assessment
- the specific grounds on which you allege an error exists; and, in summary form, the particular facts supporting each ground of appeal.
- a statement that:
- you have discussed the appeal with an Assessor from the City of Regina. Include the date, Assessor's name, and outcome of what you discussed; OR
- you have not discussed the appeal with an Assessor and the reasons why.
- your mailing address, day and evening telephone numbers
2. Your appeal fee (payable by cheque or cash)
If paying by cheque it must be payable to the City of Regina
|Residential (single family)||$30/property|
|All other properties|
|0 to 499,999 (Total Assessment)||$150|
|500,000 to 1,000,000 (Total Assessment)||$500|
|1,000,001 and over (Total Assessment)||$750|
You must mail or deliver the above two items before the appeal deadline to the Secretary of the Board of Revision, 2476 Victoria Avenue, PO Box 1790, Regina, SK, S4P 3C8. Failure to submit required fees and information by the deadline will result in your appeal being dismissed. Your appeal must be received within 30 days after the date on which the Notice of Assessment is mailed. The appeal period for the 2018 Assessment Roll is from November 10, 2017 to December 11, 2017.
Withdrawing your appeal
To withdraw, you must notify the Secretary of the Board of Revision in writing before your hearing date. If you withdraw 15 days or more before your hearing, your appeal fee will be refunded.
Questions regarding information contained in your assessment as well as updates to your mailing address, property information or school support shown on the Assessment Roll or on your mailed Notice of Assessment may be directed to 306-777-7000, or the eProperty service. If there is incorrect information on your property title, you will have to contact Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan (ISC).