Norman MacKenzie Art Gallery
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is the legacy of Norman MacKenzie, K.C. (1869 – 1936), a prominent Regina lawyer and a pioneer and patron of the arts.
From 1911 to 1936 he assembled the first art collection of note in Saskatchewan. MacKenzie provided the impetus for the Gallery when, upon his death in 1936, he bequeathed his collection, along with an endowment to the University of Saskatchewan, Regina College.
The Norman MacKenzie Art Gallery opened in 1953 as a university-run gallery, and was located at the Regina Campus of the University of Saskatchewan (later known as the University of Regina). This photo depicts the exterior of the Gallery when it was at the Regina Campus.