Image of the City of Regina

Regina Barbershop

3 barbers shave customers while another customer waits his turn

This photograph shows a typical barbershop in the early part of the twentieth century. This barbershop was located on South Railway Street, now called Saskatchewan Drive. The barbers pictured are, from left to right, Nicholas Noll, Mr. Fritz, and Frank Baker. The patron's names are unknown. City of Regina Archives, A-1955.

As well, this photograph shows what not to do when repairing a photograph. There is a rip on the front of the photograph. Someone used self-adhesive (pressure sensitive) tape to mend the large crack, which looks unsightly and caused damage to the photograph.