Garbage Disposal Bins
You require a temporary street use permit if you need to place a garbage disposal bin in an alley or parking lane of a street during a construction, repair or demolition project.
- If the bin can be placed on private property, a temporary street use permit will not be issued.
- The bin can only remain on City property for a maximum of 10 days.
- The garbage disposal bin cannot be placed in a "No Parking" or "No Stopping" area.
- If there is a hazard from falling objects around the bin, you must clearly mark off the work area with warning devices and a rope barrier, barricade or cones.
- Contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000 or use the online request form to submit your request for a temporary street use permit at least 14 days in advance.
- If Traffic Engineering, Public Works approve your request, a permit will be issued for a fee.
- Once your permit has been received and approved, Public Works will issue your temporary street use permit.