Large vehicles with any dimension exceeding 3.7 m in width, 25 m in length or 4.2 m in height must obtain an over-dimensional move permit from the City of Regina Traffic Department.
- Over-dimensional moves are only allowed on certain roads as indicated on the Over-Dimensional Move Map.
- As the mover, you must have a valid City of Regina Building Mover Business Licence.
- During the move, you must carry the over-dimensional move permit with you at all times.
- You must attend a pre-move site meeting, scheduled with the City of Regina’s Move Coordinator and other affected utilities. Failure to attend this meeting will result in your move being cancelled.
To apply for an Over-Dimensional Move permit, contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000. The City of Regina will require the permit with all required information and details of the move at least 5 working days before your intended move date.
As well, you will be responsible for obtaining additional permits from other organizations, such as:
- Building permit from the City of Regina
- Highway moving permit from the Saskatchewan Department of Highways
- Crossing permit from CP/CN Rail
- Road use permit from each rural municipality you travel through