Image of the City of Regina

Sandwich Board Advertising

If you wish to use a portion of the sidewalk in front of your business to advertise using a sandwich board sign, you need to apply for a temporary street use permit that identifies this use.

A sandwich board sign is usually an “A” frame sign that is not secured to the sidewalk in any manner. It does not have lights, moving parts, and does not require electricity.


  • The size of the sign and locations where it can be placed on the sidewalk are specified in Schedule I of the Clean Property Bylaw No. 9881 .
  • You will have to provide proof of general liability insurance, and in some cases, also general automobile liability insurance.
  • Only 1 sandwich board sign is allowed per business.

To apply

To apply for a temporary street use permit to display a sandwich board sign, you must:

  1. Contact Service Regina at 306-777-7000 or use the online request form to submit your request for a temporary street use permit at least 14 days before you wish to advertise using the sign. With the form include:
    • information regarding the size, shape and weight of the sign
    • proposed location of the sign on your sidewalk
    • the duration your sandwich board sign will be on your sidewalk
  2. Once your permit is approved by Engineering & Works, you can pick it up from Public Works at 2425 4th Avenue weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. (holidays excepted.)
  3. Pay your permit fee once your application is approved.

Additional information

The City of Regina reserves the right to remove the sign if requirements are not met.