Residential Street Lighting and Expressway Lighting
The majority of street lights within the City of Regina are owned and maintained by SaskPower and are considered residential street lighting. Residential lighting includes street lights in neighbourhoods, lighting in the downtown and lighting along major roadways such as Albert Street, Broad Street, Winnipeg Street, College Avenue, Pasqua Street, Dewdney Avenue, etc.
Expressway lights are found on high speed arterial roadways like Ring Road, Highway #1 Bypass, Lewvan Drive, or Arcola Avenue. The City of Regina owns and maintains approximately 800 of these expressway lights while the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure owns and maintains the remainder.
The map shown below is intended to help determine who is responsible for maintenance.
The City of Regina maintains expressway lights, shown in green above, located along:
- Ring Road – Pasqua Street to south city limit
- 9th Avenue North – Courtney Street to Pasqua Street
- Victoria Avenue - Park Street to east city limit
- Albert Street – Ring Road to 700 metres north of 9th Avenue North
- Assiniboine Avenue Bridge – both Trans Canada Bypass ramps
- Arcola Avenue – Dixon Crescent to 400 metres east of Chuka Boulevard
- Lewvan Drive – Southbound: 200 metres south of 13th Avenue to Harbour Landing Drive, Northbound: 200 metres south of 13th Avenue to 200 metres south of Harbour Landing Drive
Saskatchewan Highways and Transportation maintains expressway lights, shown in red above, along:
- Highway #1 Bypass - 1,000 meters west of Lewvan Drive to south city limit
Street Light Outages
Residential street light outages can be reported by calling 1-888-757-6937 or visiting Saskatchewan Power’s website at SaskPower . Expressway street light outages can be reported to Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or by submitting an online request form. To report Saskatchewan Highways and Transportation street light outages, please call 306-787-4969.