Domestic Pigeon Control Bylaw
The Domestic Pigeon Control Bylaw was established to regulate the ownership of pigeons within city limits.
- A valid permit and compliance with this bylaw are required for any person who wants to keep pigeons within the city.
- A loft shall be available for inspection by the City at any time.
- No person shall keep more than 90 pigeons and no more than 50 of those pigeons shall be over the age of one month.
- Every loft shall provide at least two square feet of floor space for each pigeon over the age of one month.
- No loft shall be built closer than 30 feet from any other premises.
- No person shall permit pigeons to be outside the loft except during supervised exercise or returning from a race or training flight.
There are fines in place for individuals and/or corporations who do not comply to the regulations within the bylaw. Fines can reach up to $500.
Report a Bylaw Infraction
If you know of a bylaw violation and would like to report it, contact Service Regina by calling 306-777-7000 or using the online service request form.
If there is an immediate risk to the safety of people or property, call 911.