Fall Household Hazardous Waste Days September Event Dates
Residents can safely drop off their chemicals, fertilizers, aerosols, batteries, light bulbs, propane tanks and more to the FREE Household Hazardous Waste Days located at the City’s Public Works Yard, 2400 6th Avenue.
Dates and times:
- Saturday, September 26 - 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, September 27 – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (NEW)
Know before you go:
- Do not attend the event if you are sick.
- Residents must remain in their vehicle at all times.
- Put hazardous waste in the box of your truck or trunks, not in the backseat, to allow staff to maintain physical distancing when unloading.
- Bring fuel and oil in containers that may be left behind for recycling/disposal.
- Material should be safely sealed in clearly marked containers.
- Containers will not be returned once handled by event staff.
- Garbage, recyclables and electronics are not accepted. To avoid cross-contamination and interactions with staff, please do not bring these materials.
- Tires will not be accepted at the September event.
Wait times are generally longer when the event first opens, so to avoid wait times, it’s recommended to come to the events later in the day.
Use Waste Wizard to find alternate disposal options for hazardous material not accepted at the event like tires, electronics and appliances.
Household Hazardous Waste Day is another way we can all work together to help protect our environment for future generations. The last event of the year is on October 24.
Visit Regina.ca for details and a complete list of accepted items.