Starting Monday, April 13, the Yard Waste Depot will be open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., including statutory holidays. Entry gates will be closed 15 minutes prior to closing to allow vehicles to unload and exit by closing time.
The depot is located south of the Fleet Street Landfill (map) with a separate entrance allowing residents to drop off yard waste free of charge without interacting with Landfill operations.
Vehicles with large trailers are encouraged to access the depot site during non-peak hours from Monday to Friday.
- This is a self-serve depot
- You will need to remove your yard waste from plastic bags at the site.
- Plastic bags are not compostable. Consider using paper yard waste bags or reusable containers.
- Paper yard waste bags can be purchased from many local retailers.
- Tarp and secure loads when transporting
- Commercial load are not permitted
- No dump trailers or dump trucks
- Practice social distancing (2 metres)
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste (plant and vegetable waste)
- Bush/tree trimmings
- Branches (not from elm trees) up to 1ft thick and 8ft long
- Logs and stumps (not from elm trees) up to 1ft thick and 8ft long
- Branches/logs/stumps from elm trees (elm leaves and small twigs are allowed)
- Kitchen food waste
- Pet waste