Help reduce your environmental impact this holiday season. After the holidays, drop off your real Christmas tree at the Yard Waste Depot to be turned into compost.
Dates and Times
- December 27, 2021 to January 31, 2022
- Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
While tinsel and garlands add a festive sparkle, please be sure your tree has no decorations and is not in a tree disposal bag when dropping off at the depot.
Please do not drop off your trees at the former depot locations. Any trees dropped off at these sites are being dumped illegally. Help keep our community clean!
The depot is located south of the Fleet Street Landfill (map) with a separate entrance allowing residents to drop off yard waste free of charge without interacting with Landfill operations.
Hours of Operation
The Yard Waste Depot is open spring to fall, seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., including statutory holidays. Entry gates will be closed 15 minutes prior to closing to allow vehicles to unload and exit by closing time.
The Depot will reopen from December 27, 2021 to January 31, 2022, Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for residents to drop off their real Christmas trees to be composted.
- This is a self-serve depot
- You will need to remove your yard waste from plastic bags at the site.
- Plastic bags are not compostable. Consider using paper yard waste bags or reusable containers. Paper yard waste bags can be purchased from many local retailers.
- Tarp and secure loads when transporting
- Commercial load are not permitted
- No dump trailers or dump trucks
- Practice social distancing (2 metres)
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste (plant and vegetable waste)
- Bush/tree trimmings
- Branches (not from elm trees) up to 1ft thick and 8ft long
- Logs and stumps (not from elm trees) up to 1ft thick and 8ft long
- Branches/logs/stumps from elm trees (elm leaves and small twigs are allowed)
- Kitchen food waste
- Pet waste