15th Avenue Sewer Relining Winding Down
As the 15th Avenue Sewer Relining Project reaches the final section of work, the City of Regina thanks residents for their understanding and patience. With work taking place
24 hours a day, this relining project has been able to move quickly across our community with the total project being complete in just nine weeks.
Starting at 9 p.m. on Thursday, August 8, drivers may want to consider alternate routes as crews prepare for the final section of work between Halifax Street and Reynolds Street.
To reduce the impact to drivers:
- The driving and pedestrian ramps on Toronto Street at 15th Avenue will remain.
- Ramps will be installed at Winnipeg Street to ensure north/southbound access for drivers.
- 15th Avenue will be closed to traffic between Halifax Street and Reynolds Street.
- There will be no access to 15th Avenue from the 2200 and 2300 blocks between Halifax and Reynolds streets.
The City of Regina has worked with the Regina General Hospital to ensure access is maintained during this project.
- Residents are asked to use the west entrance from 14th Avenue.
- Access to the north visitor parking lot will be accessible, however on-street parking will be reduced.
These restrictions are expected to be in place for two weeks.
The 15th Avenue sewer line provides wastewater services to approximately 50,000 downtown and east Regina residents. Once complete, the sewer pipe will be ready for service for another 50+ years.