Champ Crescent – 7th Avenue North
The City of Regina has developed a traffic plan for Champ Crescent, referred to as Candy Cane Lane over the holidays, during the annual Normanview Residents Group Holiday Light Festival. As this event attracts a high number of visitors, it is important to ensure safe and efficient movement of people.
From Friday, December 6 to Monday, December 23 between 6:30-9 p.m., the following traffic plans will be put in place to balance traffic safety and emergency vehicle access with the rights of homeowners and the enjoyment of the holiday season:
- A temporary one-way street - drivers should access the crescent from the east at 7th Avenue North.
- No visitor parking on Champ Crescent – residents will have parking permits.
- A disability drop-off zone near the event location.
- A loading zone at the front of the property hosting the event.
- A signed pedestrian crosswalk will be installed at 7th Avenue North.
Drivers should watch for signs and pedestrians are reminded to use caution when taking in the sights of Candy Cane Lane.
This traffic plan was developed using the Regina Traffic Bylaw and consistent with plans put in place for community events.