Changes to Building Permit and Inspection Processes
In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, the City of Regina has taken immediate action to the way we do business regarding permit applications and inspections.
We are looking at innovative ways of doing business to ensure our service levels remain intact and the construction industry can continue to operate with as little disruption as possible during this difficult time. We are committed to working collaboratively with permit applicants to ensure that solutions meet their needs.
New, digital service delivery options are available that support the health and safety of residents, industry and City staff.
Building Permit Application Changes
- The City has announced the closure of many public facilities, including City Hall. Permit applications must now be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific information on how to do this can be found on Regina.ca/build.
- Service levels remain the same unless communicated otherwise. Currently our review targets are 10 days for residential applications, 20 days for commercial applications, and re-reviews in 5 days.
- Building permit inspections will no longer be conducted in person. City inspectors will use live video-conferencing tools to conduct inspections remotely.
- These tools include technologies such as FaceTime, Skype or photos where appropriate.
- Information and updates can be found online at Regina.ca/build.
- Scheduling inspections remains the same – please call 306-777-7000.
The health and safety of our employees and the protection of our community are our top priorities.
If you have questions, reach out to our permit file support team by calling 306-777-7551. Updates will be posted on our website regularly at Regina.ca/coronavirus.