City Expanding Big Blue Bin Program Accepting more than cardboard and paper
Starting on September 1, Regina residents will be able to use the Big Blue Bins to recycle the same material accepted in the blue recycling cart! The City is aligning the material accepted with the curbside recycling acceptable materials list including plastic packaging #1-7, paper, cardboard, metal containers, foil and beverage containers.
Big Blue Bin Depots are available for use 24/7 at the following locations:
- 2151 Broad Street (beside 7-Eleven - enter from the alley)
- Jack Staples Arena – 444 North Broad Street
- Columbus Park - 2940 Pasqua Street
- Northwest Leisure Centre – 1127 Arnason Street
- Rosemont Shopping Centre - 5064 4th Avenue
- Sandra Schmirler Centre – 3130 East Woodhams Drive
- Sportplex – 1717 Elphinstone Street
- Douglas Park – Off Assiniboine Avenue E, south of Leibel Field (NEW)
Note: The City is looking at adding more locations in the near future.
The success of the City’s recycling programs depends on the participation and support of our residents. Please place items loose in bins and flatten cardboard boxes. Glass containers are not accepted at the Big Blue Bins.
We remind residents to keep our community clean by not placing recyclable or bulk items outside of the bins.
Visit Regina.ca/waste for a complete list of acceptable items for the Big Blue Bin and Blue Cart Recycling Programs. If you are not sure how to dispose of an item, use the Waste Wizard tool.
Did you know? The Big Blue Bin Program has been available to residents for over 25 years and has recycled on average 811.25 tonnes of material per year.