City Golf Courses Ready to Open May 15
The City of Regina is preparing its golf courses to open for the season on May 15, 2020 as part of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan announced by the Government of Saskatchewan on April 23.
Regina has four City-owned courses that offer low-cost golfing for everyone in the family including Tor Hill Golf Course, Murray Golf Course, Joanne Goulet Golf Club and the Lakeview Par 3 Golf Course. In collaboration with Western Golf Management, an independent firm that manages the courses, the City is ensuring that appropriate safety measures and cleaning protocols are in place as outlined in the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan.
For the health and safety of visitors and employees, the following measures will be in effect at all courses:
- All tee times must be booked in advance; no walk-on players will be permitted
- Locker rooms will be closed; players may change footwear in the parking lot
- Only one person at a time will be permitted in the clubhouse washrooms
- Driving ranges and putting greens remain closed
- Only one person per cart unless golfing with members of the same household
- Food and beverage service is suspended, except for curbside pick-up or delivery
- Washroom facilities on the course will be closed
To help contain the spread of COVID-19, other physical distancing and public health requirements must continue to be observed.
Tee time booking starts on Sunday, May 10 and can be made up to five days in advance. Tee times will be spaced 20 minutes apart in accordance with provincial guidelines. Fees for full season passes will be pro-rated to adjust for the later start of the season.
For more information, visit Regina.ca.