City Responding to Severe Weather - Updates
As the City responds to severe weather, updates will be posted as required.
Last Updated: November 18 at 8 a.m.
- Snow routes are in effect. This means there is no on-street parking for 24 hours along the identified routes beginning 6 a.m. Thursday, November 18, to 6 a.m. Friday, November 19.
- City crews are in storm mode. Crews are focused on plowing of emergency routes, high speed and category 1 roads.
- Ice control will be applied to category 1 to 3 roads.
- The City has called in additional staff to help with the storm response. On November 16, approximately 30 trained staff supported the storm response plowing, ice control, and trouble spot locations. Starting Wednesday, November 17, additional contractor support including 13 additional graders and 2 additional sanders will help deal with the continuing storm and windy conditions.
- Sandboxes are available at various locations throughout the city to help with icy conditions.
- Buses are on the roads this morning, but the weather will cause delays throughout the day.
- Special High School Service is back to normal service.
- Please check transitlive.com for real-time information before going to your bus stop today.
- Residential garbage and recycling pickup is proceeding as scheduled today, with some delays expected.
- Crews will assist truck operators by working to redeploy carts that may have been tipped over by strong winds.
- If you lost your collection cart during the storm, and have searched everywhere for it with no luck, we'll replace it at no charge. Give us a call at 306-777-7000. Remember to store your cart in a secure location on your property and print your address on the lid.
- The Landfill is currently open, but residents are encouraged to visit another day if possible.