City of Regina Responds to Regina and Area COVID-19 Restrictions
The City of Regina’s top priority is the health and safety of our residents and staff. The City continues to provide the essential services our citizens rely on each and every day.
Currently, as many staff as possible are working from home. At this time frontline staff will not be entering residents’ homes unless there is an urgent situation like a sewer backup.
City Hall main floor services remain open. However, per the Council motion that passed on March 17, all scheduled meetings of City Council, committees and boards will be held virtually until April 30, 2021. This includes:
- Executive Committee – April 7, 2021
- Regina Planning Commission – April 7, 2021
- Development Appeals Board – April 13, 2021
- Community Wellness Committee – April 14, 2021
- City Council – April 14, 2021
- Executive Committee – April 21, 2021
- Operations and Community Services Committee – April 21, 2021
- Board of Police – April 27, 2021
- Development Appeals Board – April 27, 201
- City Council – April 28, 2021
City of Regina owned and operated community and recreation centres will be closed effective March 28, 2021. More details will soon follow.
As of March 23, 2021, the City has elevated our Emergency Operations Centre response to a Level 2. The Emergency Operations Centre brings together key individuals from across the organization who make up our Emergency Response Team. This includes membership from areas of the organization including Fire & Protective Services, Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity, Roadways, Transit, and Communications, among many others, to provide a coordinated response.
Updates on impacts to City programs and services are posted regularly at Regina.ca/covid19.