Dig In! Free Compost Available for Regina Residents
Enter to Win a Rain Barrel!
To help celebrate Compost Awareness Week, from May 2 – 8, 2021, the City of Regina is offering FREE compost to Regina residents, while supplies last.
In March, the City reached a major milestone with our first “pile flip” at the food and yard waste pilot processing site. The pile flip is part of how waste is moved through the composting process.
“The City has turned the organic material collected from the Yard Waste Depot and Food and Yard Waste Pilot into compost,” said Kim Onrait, Executive Director of Citizen Services. “We’re very happy to be able to give away free compost for residents to use at home which is great for landscaping, flower beds and lawns.”
To thank Food and Yard Waste Pilot participants, the pilot households will have the first opportunity to collect the compost ahead of the remainder of the community. Plus, to help celebrate, all residents who collect compost can enter to win a rain barrel.
Dates and Location:
Food & Yard Waste Pilot Households:
- May 1 & 2, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- May 7 - 10, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- This is a self-serve depot
- Bring your own shovels and containers Maximum 60L (three, 5-gallon pails), per household
- Tarp and secure loads when transporting
- Staff will be on site to direct traffic flow
- Limited quantities available
Visit Regina.ca/waste for complete details.