Heavy Rainfall Event
Last Updated: June 11 at 4:40 p.m.
Residents are asked to avoid driving, cycling or walking along these roads, due to flooding:
- 7th Avenue North – south of Sherwood Drive – by Ruth M Buck
- 9th Avenue – Winnipeg St to Reynolds Street
- Albert Street and 9th Avenue – although this seems to be related to #4
- Albert Street and Sask Drive underpass
- Lewvan Drive northbound – between 4th Ave and 7th Ave
- McCarthy Boulevard at Dalgliesh drive
- Victoria Avenue Service Road - underpass
- Winnipeg & Ross Avenue
Night crews will continue to inspect locations and open them as soon as possible.
Updated: June 11 at 3:45 p.m.
Sewer and Drainage Update: The rain has stopped allowing for the City to bring our wastewater and storm systems back to normal operations. As the storm water flows into the drains we ask residents to clear off the tops of storm drains making them ready for the next rain event. We expect to return to normal levels within 24 hours. Residents are no longer being asked to limit water use.
Updated: June 11 at 11:40 a.m.
The City of Regina and surrounding area is currently experiencing a heavy rain event. As a result, our storm sewer system is at capacity. City crews are responding to those situations where streets may be flooding and may flood residences or businesses. The Albert St and Broad St underpasses are closed. For your safety, avoid flooded areas and detention ponds. City crews are working to unplug storm drains as quickly as possible.
Please take all necessary precautions to limit water damage and flooding in high-risk areas:
- Limit the use of water as any additional wastewater added to the system at this point could contribute to sewer backups.
- Keep an eye on your basement. Ensure your sewer cap is on.
- Make sure your downspouts are moving water away from your basements.
- Children should avoid playing in large puddles and flooded areas that may have unseen hazards.
As the rain lets up the storm system will start to take the excess water. Please be patient when reporting flooding issues to Service Regina. We are asking residents to only stay on the line if they are reporting a flooding situation that is a safety concern or could cause property damage. Wait times are long with many people remaining in the queue.
Transit: Transit buses are experiencing minor delays as a result of the flooded underpasses. Please visit TransitLive.com for route updates and to track your bus in real-time.
Sportplex: We have closed the Sportplex (Lawson Aquatic Centre and Fieldhouse) for the day due to flooding. We are currently in the process of evacuating the building. Staff are on site responding to the situation. Impacted customers will be notified directly.
Landfill: The landfill is open to the public but we are limiting areas due to the mud. We recommend visiting the site another day if possible.
We will continue to provide updates throughout the day. Stay safe, stay dry.