Household Hazardous Waste Days are back! Safety measures are in place to protect residents and event staff
Residents can drop of their chemicals, fertilizers, aerosols, batteries, light bulbs, propane tanks and more to the FREE Household Hazardous Waste Days located at the City’s Public Works Yard, 2400 6th Avenue.
Due to increased safety measures, the event will take place over three days:
- Friday, June 19: 4 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 20: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, June 21: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Know before you go:
- Do not attend the event if you are sick.
- Residents must remain in their vehicle at all times.
- Put hazardous waste in the box of your truck or trunks, not in the backseat, to allow staff to maintain physical distancing when unloading.
- Bring fuel and oil in containers that may be left behind for recycling/disposal.
- Material should be safely sealed in clearly marked containers.
- Containers will not be returned once handled by event staff.
- Garbage, recyclables and electronics are not accepted. To avoid cross-contamination and interactions with staff, please do not bring these materials.
- Tires will not be accepted at the June event.
- Wait times will be posted on the Facebook event page.
Use the Waste Wizard to find alternate disposal options for hazardous material not accepted at the event like tires, electronics and appliances.
We know that many residents have been cleaning their homes and garages over the past several months and we thank them for storing hazardous items until Household Hazardous Waste Days could resume.
Material will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner. It’s worth the effort to protect our environment for future generations.
Visit Regina.ca for details and a complete list of accepted items.