Last Household Hazardous Waste Day of 2020 Don’t miss out on this free event!
The last FREE Household Hazardous Waste Day event of 2020 is happening this weekend. Residents can drop off their chemicals, fertilizers, aerosols, batteries, light bulbs, propane tanks and more at the City’s Public Works Yard, 2400 6th Avenue.
Dates and times:
- Friday, October 23 – 4 – 7 p.m. (NEW)
- Saturday, October 24 – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The City has seen a great turnout in 2020 and thanks residents for sending their waste to a better place. So far we have collected over 90 tonnes of hazardous waste material. All items are reused, recycled or disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
Know before you go:
- Do not attend the event if you are sick.
- Residents must remain in their vehicle at all times.
- Put hazardous waste in the box of your truck or trunks, not in the backseat, to allow staff to maintain physical distancing when unloading.
- Bring fuel and oil in containers that may be left behind for recycling/disposal.
- Material should be safely sealed in clearly marked containers.
- Containers will not be returned once handled by event staff.
- Garbage, recyclables and electronics are not accepted. To avoid cross-contamination and interactions with staff, please do not bring these materials.
- Tires will not be accepted at the event.
Use Waste Wizard to find alternate disposal options for hazardous material not accepted at the event like tires, electronics and appliances. Visit Regina.ca for details and a complete list of accepted items.