Lewvan Drive Project Update
With the forecast looking a little drier next week, the City will continue with paving work on Lewvan Drive. To ensure efficient traffic flow and driver safety, two-way traffic will be maintained using lane reversals.
Starting at 6 a.m. on Sunday, September 15, crews will begin paving the southbound lanes of Lewvan Drive between 1st Avenue North and 11th Avenue. This section of paving is expected to take seven days to complete, pending weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Intersections will be closed intermittently for southbound paving as follows:
- Lewvan Drive and 4th Avenue
- Monday, September 16 for one day
- Traffic will be detoured to Dewdney Avenue
- Lewvan Drive and 7th Avenue
- Monday, September 16 for three days
- Traffic will be detoured to Dewdney Avenue or 4th Avenue
- Lewvan Drive and Dewdney Avenue
- Wednesday, September 18 for one day
- Traffic will be detoured to 4th Avenue
The Lewvan Drive project will see major repairs completed between 11th Avenue and 1st Avenue in both directions, including concrete repairs to the medians, replacement of curbs and gutters, followed by road resurfacing.
Our construction season is short and we thank you for your patience. Slow down, plan ahead and be safe. Workers and their families are relying on you.