May Household Hazardous Waste Days Cancelled
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City is cancelling the upcoming May 22 and 23 Household Hazardous Waste Days. The City is looking into options for holding the June event with enhanced safety guidelines and restrictions. Details will be provided as they become available.
Residents are asked to safely store their hazardous material until the City’s next event. Please do not dispose of household hazardous waste in your garbage or by pouring items down the drain or stormwater sewers as it will harm the environment.
For urgent hazardous waste disposal needs, use the Waste Wizard to find alternate drop-off locations. Residents are urged to contact businesses first to ensure they can take the hazardous waste material at this time.
- Tightly cap all containers.
- Where allowed, store containers together in a large heavy-duty plastic container to prevent potential spillage.
- Ensure flammable products are in the recommended temperature range.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do a periodic check on the storage area to ensure no problems have occurred.
Visit Regina.ca/waste for more information.