Planning for Canada Day
As the long weekend approaches, residents are planning their Canada Day celebrations and the City of Regina offers some tips to help with preparations:
- Plan ahead and leave early
- Carpool with friends, family and neighbours
- Park legally
- Take Rider Transit to the football game
- Expect delays
- Be cautious in and around construction zones
- Be courteous
- Slow down and be safe
As construction season is in full swing, residents should be aware of the following traffic restrictions and closures which may impact their travels:
- 15th Avenue – Robinson Street to Smith Street
- Albert Street South – Gordon Road to Parliament Avenue
- College Avenue – Smith Street to Cornwall Street
- Lewvan Drive – 1st Avenue North and 4th Avenue
- Pasqua Street – 13th Avenue to Victoria Avenue
- Ring Road – Wascana Parkway to Assiniboine Avenue
- Victoria Avenue – Albert Street to Cornwall Street
- Victoria Avenue – Elphinstone Street to Pasqua Street
Restrictions can be found on the Road Report.
To manage the high volume of pedestrian traffic around Mosaic Stadium, there will be several roads temporarily closed starting at 1 p.m. including Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street.
Canada Day fireworks means that the Albert Street Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic between 9 and 11 p.m.
On Canada Day, many construction crews will be enjoying their holiday with family and friends, however, construction zones are still in place for a number of reasons, such as equipment onsite, open excavations, asphalt/concrete curing.
The City of Regina thanks you for your patience.