Scarth Street – Victoria Avenue to 12th Avenue
Beginning Monday May 25, Scarth Street will be closed between Victoria Avenue and 12th Avenue, to allow the City to replace sidewalks, pedestrian ramps, curbs and gutters, and to resurface the roadway. Scarth Street is expected to remain closed until the end of August while this work is underway.
As of May 25, to help residents navigate this downtown area:
- Hamilton Street, downtown, will be converted to a temporary two-way street
- The alley between Scarth Street and Hamilton Street will only be accessible from 12th Avenue
- The east sidewalk on Scarth Street will be available to pedestrians
The Scarth Street project begins at 7 a.m. on Monday, May 10 with only minor disruptions during the first week:
- Scarth Street remains open until May 16
- The alley between Scarth and Hamilton will only be accessible from 12th Avenue
- The east sidewalk on Scarth Street will be closed between Victoria Avenue and the alley
Access to businesses along Scarth Street will be maintained throughout the project and residents are encouraged to support local.
SaskPower will be replacing major infrastructure in the downtown area, including on Scarth Street. The City and SaskPower are coordinating work to ensure it is completed in one construction season.
The City of Regina thanks residents for their understanding and patience. Slow down and be safe. Workers and their families are relying on you.
Visit the Road Report for other traffic restrictions.