Weekly Garbage Collection Returns Next Week
Residents are reminded that starting on Monday, April 5, residential garbage collection moves back to weekly pick up.
Follow these four easy steps for properly using carts to keep staff safe and to help keep our roadways and alleys clean and litter free:
1) Fill it
- Bag or bundle all waste items, specifically tissues/napkins and cleaning wipes
- Keep cart lid closed
- Don’t overfill cart or leave loose items on the ground
2) Place it
- Roll cart out to the curb or alley by 7:30 a.m. on collection day
- Ensure proper cart placement to avoid manual handling by the driver
3) Space it
- Leave one metre around cart for collection trucks to empty properly
4) Store it
- Roll empty cart back in a secure location on property or against your fence after it has been collected
- Keep carts from blocking roadways and alleys
Visit Regina.ca/waste to sign up for waste collection reminders your way.
Did you know? Sixty per cent of all food waste in the average residents’ garbage is avoidable.