Winnipeg Street Overpass Project
The Winnipeg Street Overpass Project is progressing and will require major closures and restrictions over the next two weeks. These traffic measures are being put into place to help keep motorists and workers safe.
Drivers will want to consider alternate routes as follows:
- Tuesday, August 3 – crews will begin installing the overpass wall base. Westbound traffic will be restricted to one lane between McDonald Street and Broad Street for two weeks.
- Friday, August 6, and Saturday, August 7 – between 7 p.m. and 9 a.m., crews will perform drilling work under Ring Road. A complete closure of both Ring Road and Winnipeg Street is required on both nights and traffic will be detoured as follows:
- East and westbound traffic on Ring Road will be detoured up the ramps and over the bridge to continue on Ring Road.
- Northbound traffic on Winnipeg Street will be detoured onto Ring Road eastbound.
- Southbound traffic on Winnipeg Street will be detoured onto Ring Road westbound.
Watch for signs and use caution.
This $28.8 million project will replace the current overpass and modify the interchanges to improve traffic flow, and pedestrian connectivity and safety. This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada, the Government of Saskatchewan, and the City of Regina through the New Building Canada Fund Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component.
The City of Regina thanks residents for their understanding and patience. Slow down, plan ahead and be safe. Workers and their families are relying on you.
Visit the Road Report for other traffic restrictions.