Biweekly Garbage Collection Starts Next Week - Check your collection schedule
From November 20, 2017 to March 30, 2018, curbside garbage collection will be picked up every other week. During the holidays, garbage will move back to weekly collection for the weeks of December 24 and December 31 (collection days - December 23 to January 5).
Sign up for phone, text or voicemail reminders or view your personalized collection calendar on Regina.ca/waste.
Follow these four easy steps for properly using your cart:
1) Fill it:
• Bag or bundle all waste items
• Keep cart lids closed
• Do not place additional waste beside the cart
2) Place it:
• Carts should be rolled out to the curb or alley by 7:30 a.m. on collection day
3) Space it:
• Leave at least one metre around your cart for collection trucks to properly empty your cart
4) Store it:
• Roll your empty cart back in a secure location on your property
Remember to recycle more to divert waste from the landfill and help us reach our diversion targets. For tips on how to reduce your household waste and learn how to properly dispose of your waste items with Waste Wizard, visit Regina.ca/waste.
Did you know? Volumes of waste per household goes down by 34 per cent in the winter.