City Moving to Biweekly Garbage Collection
The City will be moving to biweekly (every other week) curbside garbage collection for single-family homes from November 20, 2017 to March 30, 2018. The City will monitor to see how biweekly collection works over the winter months. Regina is following the lead of other municipalities in making this change.
Residents who receive curbside garbage collection will be receiving garbage collection schedules with their City of Regina Utility bills in October.
What you need to know:
- Your garbage collection day is not changing.
- Your recycling collection schedule is not changing.
- Due to increased volume during the holidays, garbage will be collected weekly from December 23, 2017 to January 5, 2018.
Visit Regina.ca/waste to:
- Sign up for phone, text or voicemail collection reminders.
- View your collection schedule.
- View the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Learn some helpful tips to reduce your household waste.
We encourage residents to recycle more to divert waste from the landfill and reach our diversion targets.
Not sure how to properly dispose of an item? Use the Waste Wizard tool! Simply type in the name of the waste item and it will tell you how to recycle or dispose of it.
Visit Regina.ca/waste for more information.