City to begin Residential Plow
Regina has received more than 35 centimetres of snow since March 3. As a result of that huge amount of snowfall, City crews will begin a Residential Plow of the Category 5 roads starting Thursday, March 8. Crews will plow residential streets between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. every day until complete, about two weeks.
Residents can help this plow be more effective and efficient by:
Know when your sector is going to be plowed:
- We’ve divided the community into sectors to accomplish plowing more than 500 kilometres of residential roads.
- Go to Regina.ca/winter to find your sector, then check the schedule so you know when crews will be plowing in your neighbourhood.
Move your vehicle:
- Do not park on the street between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. on the day your sector is scheduled for plowing.
- This allows plowing operations to be safer and more effective as we don’t have to work around vehicles on the road.
Expect snow ridges:
- Snow ridges will be left behind by the plow equipment, however, by moving your vehicle, the ridge can be more consistent along the parking lane rather than along the driving lane.
- Use caution while travelling city roads and near snow clearing equipment.
- Stay back at least 15 metres – or 3.5 car lengths – from the equipment.
- If you see a group of graders and trucks working in a staggered formation, do not weave in and out of the equipment for your safety and the safety of crews.
We thank residents for their continued patience.
Find your sector and schedule at Regina.ca/winter.