This function allows financial institutions to add their mortgage interest to a Property Tax Account. Mortgage interest will be updated immediately on the Property Tax Account.
- If the account number is unknown, search by address and the account number should appear. If you are still unable to locate the account number, email ReginaTaxation@regina.ca
- To update a mortgage number on an account for which mortgage interest was previously added, remove the existing mortgage interest and then add the mortgage interest with the new mortgage number.
- To confirm that mortgage interest and mortgage number are updated accurately, use the Mortgage Interest Report available on the left sub-menu of the Assessment & Tax eServices Account.
This function allows financial institution to remove mortgage interest from a Property Tax Account. The interest will be removed immediately from the Property Tax Account.
- The property tax account number and the mortgage number can be found by running a mortgage interest report available on the left sub-menu of the Assessment & Tax eServices Account.
- Your firm can confirm mortgage interest was removed from or added to the property tax account by running a mortgage interest report.
Mortgage Interest Report
This function allows running a report that displays all the Property Tax Accounts for which the financial institution has registered an interest. The report is available in a CSV format that can be viewed and accessed with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Is available at any time free of charge.
- Is a helpful tool to confirm that the mortgage interest and mortgage information are up to date.
- Should be run before downloading a mortgage annual tax notice. If anything needs to be updated, user can add/remove mortgage interest prior to running mortgage annual tax notices.
This function allows running an annual tax notice report, after annual tax notices are run, usually in May each year. The report is available in a CSV format that can be viewed and accessed with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
This report includes the following:
- Provides the balance on all the Property Tax Account(s) for which the Financial Institution has an added registered interest. The information on each Property Tax Account included in the report is current to the date and time that each report is being viewed. The information on the report refreshes each time the screen is exited and provide more up to date information the next time the report is viewed. Information on additional accounts not included in this report at the time it was first requested can be obtained by using the Order Tax Certificate/Tax Search function also available through Assessment & Tax eServices.
- Indicates if the Financial Institution customer is on the Tax Installment Payment Plan Service (TIPPS).
- If payment is submitted for a TIPPS account, the payment will be accepted and TIPPS withdrawals will not proceed until the subsequent year. Refunds will be limited to the credit on the Property Tax Account.
- After reviewing the report, complete the amount that will be paid for each Property Tax Account on the amount paid column in the report.
- If additional Property Tax Accounts are being paid, please insert them as “ADDITIONS’ at the bottom of the report. Include the 8-digit Property Tax Account Number, Mortgage Number, Property Address, Customer Name(s) and amount paid for each Property Tax Account. Property Tax Account information can be found using our Tax Property Search Tool.
- The property tax payment deadline is June 30, 2017. Unpaid balances are subject to monthly penalties
- Return completed spreadsheet to ReginaTaxation@regina.ca. A balanced spreadsheet must be attached to the email. Payments cannot be applied to the property tax without a balanced spreadsheet. The payment must equal the spreadsheet total. Payments can be made by cheque to:
City of Regina
Property Taxation Administration
2476 Victoria Avenue, P.O. Box 5042
REGINA, SK S4P 3M3
By Direct or Wire Deposit:
For more information on this option, please email ReginaTaxation@regina.ca